Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mixed Blessings

It's been a mixed week for me.

My eldest grandchild, Jack, got his driver's licence; no wonder I'm starting to feel old!

My youngest grandchild, Sally, arrived on my doorstep this morning; she couldn't wait to tell me that she had lost her first tooth. She's hanging out for the tooth fairy to come this evening. Fairies and teeth............it wouldn't be a bad idea for a kit would it!

I'm loving my new little red car (that's me in the photo). It's called Lois, in honour of my mother. She left me a small amount of money when she passed away last year and I've used some of it to buy this little 'shopping trolley'. I know that she would be tickled pink that I've named it after her.

On a sad note...............
On Saturday I attended the funeral of my friend's daughter. She had been courageously battling cancer for about 5 years. She was just 46! It's so unfair. She loved all things pink and at the conclusion of the service her nieces and nephews released 46 bright pink balloons.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a week, Robyn! Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter ... you're right, life is so unfair!

Sherrie said...

Sounds like one of my weeks, Robyn!
You're so right about life being unfair, but the Lord never promised us it wouldn't be. He only promised the "Grace" to get through it all.
Lot's of hugs coming your way and prayers for your friend's family!

rhondabwright said...

Robyn, so sorry for your trying week and your dear friend's loss. I will keep her and you in my prayers. I love the photo of you with your new car...how fun...it is so perfect for you!

Unknown said...

Robyn, love the photo of you with your new bright red car. I hope this week is better than last week!